Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sometimes death sucks

So I had a really bad Sunday, but at the same time it was good, but mostly bad.

My dog....died. He was old and very sick. He died of kidney failure, which is my own diagnosis, which I'm pretty sure isn't too far off the mark. I guess I was upset, but I don't think I was upset as everyone else, and I think I know why.

A while ago my rat, Pippin died. I was crying my eyes out, almost literally. But after that, something just kinda clicked in me. I understood death, or something like that. I knew that death was a natural part of life, and yeah it's hard, but I understood that Murphy and Pippin are with God and happier than on earth with family. I think that though death is very sad, it's also very releasing. I can't explain it, but it's like, I was on the beach but I couldn't go in the water, and now that he has died, I can go and swim. No I'm not happy that he's dead, for i luv him very much..but I can't explain it. Maybe I have the peace that he's no longer suffering. I dunno. But I miss him very much.




The death of Murphy will probably bring hope for another lucky dog, because I know that one day we will get a new dog, and knowing my family, it'll probably be from the pound or shelter. But nothing can replace my dog.

I have to say though that I can't and don't want your sympathies for they make my heart to much. I appreciate them but for now I can't deal with them. thanks though



Now a great vid for those at home-


3 comments:

Julia said...

I don't know what to say now since you said you don't want my sympathy (dont know how to spell).

Nono said...

I'll pray for you Bekah. You have my condolences.

p.s.
that Rocky thing is really funny

Anonymous said...

ohh, bex that is most depressing post you've ever put up-- i totally get what your saying though... it's like drawing, once the pictures old and tainted with age it's not going to last you saviour it and when it's gone it's gone. my uncle died a few months ago (i probably told you this) so i know where you're coming from.
What does rocky have to do w/ any thing? i didn't read the last paragraph so i might have missed something oh well...