Thursday, February 01, 2007

I"m dead. (notice I did a quote instead of an apostrophe)

Listening to- The Everglow by Mae

So I'm not really dead (obviously), but I feel like dropping dead, I'm so wiped. It's amazing what a day of speech tournament will do to you, not to mention going to bed at 12:30 and waking up at 6:48. So today I'm not really sure if it was an apple or a lemon day. It had its ups and downs, so I guess I could safely say it's an apple day. 15 things I learned today (and might explain the apple day)-

1. It's not recommended that you stand of the very edge of the heel of your shoe.

2. high Heels break and can be terribly uncomfortable.

3. Compromise is a good thing.

4. Goin first in the room is only good cause you get it over with first. Thats the only reason.

5. You can meet the nicest ppl at these events. And you'll see them everytime there's a tournament.

6. which is every 2 weeks about.

7. Wendy's is very filling...especially if you just had 2 cups of coffee and a cup of hot chocolate.

8. Caffine is a good thing...to a certain extent...

9. It's a very bad idea falling asleep in your own speech, actually, anyone's speech (who knows what might happen. no we're not gonna have a repeat of 2006 Fall retreat on Sunday).

10. Never ever ever let me have 2 cups of coffee, and chocolate following again. NoNo, I know you figured that one out already. hehehe

11. I do not look good in pigtails

12. I am constantly fixing my hair.

13. I do not like people I know whatching my speeches. At all. I won't let my dad watch them. See?

14. There are just somethings that snow and ice cannot keep you from having. Like Speech and Debate tournaments.

15. We all have dreams that we will have to let go of someday.

fun times, fun times. it's a great learning experience for ppls of aaaaalllll ages. So I really really need to work on my speeches for tomorrow and upcoming tournaments. I'm gonna be gone alot...great. Well I need to finish up with thine speeches and go to bed. bye


Listening to- The Mixed Tape by Jacks Mannequin

2 comments:

Julia said...

Yeah I know exactly how you feel on #13! I really didn't like ppl going to watch me at gymnastics cause i didn't want them to see me mess up. Aww I wish I could have seen you wearing pigtails!

Beccah said...

In speech class I hated it when I had to do a speech for my parents. I don't know why but it just made me feel SO self-conscience.