Sunday, July 23, 2006

Yeah!!!! i got my roundoff backhandspring!!!!!

Yeah!!!! i finally got my roundoff backhandspring!!!!!

ok, here is a brief discription of my gymnastics history- I started gymnastics when I was in Kindergarten, or 1st grade. I can't remember. I was working on the basics like cartweels, and handstands. Then I quit for 1 year. . . i think. then i moved, and started it up again for 2 years. Then i moved again, and i stopped for 1 year, and i've been doing it for 3 years after that. So all in all, i've been doing it for 6 years, but my first year, wasn't that great. Anyway, I started teaching one of my friends when I moved to Maryland, and she is a really fast learner. I just taught her a cartweel, front limber, back bend kickover. I just taught her how to do it, she's the one the got it down. I wasnt' there for most of the time's she got the hard stuff. Anyway, now she is in a class at our gym.
Her name is Julia, and her blog link is on the side. Yeah.

ok, the class that I'm currently in is called Dolphins. So a few weeks ago, I went to a gymnastics camp called Camp Woodward.
I worked on roundoff backhandsprings alot there, but only on the tumble track(tumble track is similar to the trampoline, but its really long, and its less bouncy), and only 3 times on the floor with a spot, so i guess I kinda got alot of experience. . . on the tumble track. Anyway, so last Tuesday, at gymnastics, I was working on roundoff backhandsprings (while everyone was working on roundoff bhs bhs, or roundoff bhs backtuck much to my dismay, but then agian, i cant do a backtuck, or a double bhs, so i have to deal.), and I did a bunch, and on my last one, my coach told me that he wasn't gonna spot me, so i did my rdoffbhs!(roundoff backhandspring)BYMYSELF!!!!!!! i think it might have helped that he was there just incase i freaked out in the middle of my bhs. yeah, so those who dont know what a roundoff backhandspring is, well, there is a video i have found for you that shows someone doing a roundoff backhandspring. yeah. bye

3 comments:

Nono said...

check your e-mail.

Beccah said...

Yeah Bekah!!! That's awsome. Hey, I'm sorry for teasing you so much on Tuesday. Your a great gymnist and I love you very much. ^-^ How'd you get the video on there? That's really cool!

bex said...

im not that great, but thanks for saying that anyway. I forgive you. the video is really easy. you gotta find the one you want, then save it, then attach it to your post. . . its not hard.